Hypothyroidism is when the thyroid gland does not produce enough thyroid hormones to meet the needs of the body. The thyroid is underactive.
According to recent statistics, approximately 785,000 people die on a yearly basis in the U.S. as a result of stroke. This makes it the 3rd most common reason for death in this country.
To notice it timely and increase the chances for a succesful treatment, we need to be able to recognize the early symptoms. Similarly to when a heart attack happens, a stroke is a consequence of an obstructed artery that prevents the blood from going into the brain. This blockage may stem from a blood clot or a deposit of fat.
Risk Factors for Stroke
– Men have higher chance of a stroke than women
– The risk in smokers is bigger due to the fact that the chemicals from tobacco elevate the buildup of platelets in the arterial walls that can lead to the creation of blood clots which can block the arteries
– High levels of bad cholesterol can cause problems with the arteries and ease the piling of fat
– High blood pressure is among the major reasons for strokes
– In diabetics, the high level of sugar in the blood can interfere with the health of the arterial walls
– Individuals with a darker skin color are more prone to strokes
Symptoms of a stroke and a transient ischemic attack (TIA) may include sudden onset of one, some, or all of the following:
– Numbness or weakness in the face, arm or leg (usually unilateral)
– Confusion, trouble speaking or understanding
– Trouble seeing in one or both eyes
– Difficulty walking, dizziness or loss of balance and/or coordination
– Severe headache with no known cause
What to Do If Someone Is Having a Stroke?
When detecting a strokes, the first thing we should do is to notify someone immediately about our symptoms or call emergency as soon as possible. Then it is important to lie down, to avoid suffering any type of injury if we subsequently lose consciousness.
The first 30 minutes are of the utmost importance at the time of suffering a strokes. It is important not to take any medication, or try any kind of first aid maneuver if we are not trained for it.
How to Minimize the Risk of Strokes
– Lead a healthier diet comprised of whole foods like fruits and veggies
– Be physically active at least three times per week
– Take aspirin
– Control your blood pressure
– Drink a glass of red wine daily.
Do you know that inflammation is a crucial part of your body’s immune response? Namely, it is your body’s attempt to defend itself against bacteria and viruses; heal itself after an injury; as well as repair damaged tissue.
You’re looking at your computer system screen with weary eyes. Dinner has actually re-occurred, but that oh-so-familiar monster we call Hunger has reeled its damn head again.
The tamarind fruit originates from Asia and Africa, and is regularly used inside the Indian cuisine, wherein it’s fed on with a aggregate of salt and pepper. The tamarind has a completely unique flavor, and besides being delicious, it additionally gives several fitness benefits. Here’s what the fruit can help you deal with:
Did you know that there are several plants, like fruits and leaves, that can be really useful to treat diabetes? In fact, there are many studies that claim that these types of plants can cause a decrease in the blood sugar levels of both rodents and humans. The best thing about them is that you will not experience any type of side-effects. Let’s check them out!
Joint inflammation is a big problem for millions of people in the world. The inflammation can be quite troublesome and painful, and may either be primary or chronic. Primary inflammation is the normal type of inflammation which occurs as a detox and healing process, but chronic inflammation can be quite dangerous and will surely cause a lot of pain. Depending on the severity, chronic inflammation can also make you immobile.
Anxiety — that feeling of dread, fear, worry and panic — is certainly nothing new. Hippocrates wrote about it in the fourth century BCE. As did Søren Kierkegaard in the 1860s. And Sigmund Freud addressed the disorder in 1926.
Even though it is the end of the winter, we are constantly fighting against cold and flu. Namely, as the weather gets improved, our body becomes the target of numerous infections and bacteria, and consequently, our immune system weakens as is no longer able to prevent all of them.
Since it has actually been found through examination, there’s an easy mix that could beat malignant cells and likewise treat acidosis. The real blend is truly easy to the point you most likely will not think it; in addition to has an easy component utilized by lots of professional athletes to improve their stamina and their power.